Thursday, August 19, 2010

Mi Nina Bonita (My life as a mom)

                                               Mi Nina Bonita, My Beautiful Little Girl

Blanca Maria Otero
00:14 
8-20-1995
7 Lbs 4 Oz
21 Inches 

Happy 15th Birthday 

15 years ago I had you today , as I held you for the 1st time in my arms, I was overcome
with pride, joy, and love. You were so so little with skin like milk, black hair and big dark eyes
and I fell so much in love with you. I knew I could never love anyone else like I did you.

Today I have seen you be 1,2,3,4,5 start school, your 1st everything as a little girl.
Now you're 15 and no longer a little girl , but a very smart young girl, ready for independence
and new adventures as you continue this journey in your life.

15 years ago I cried tears of joy and happiness as I heard you cry for the 1st time, I heard the Dr. say   
 " It's a Girl. A very healthy girl

Today on your 15th Birthday I cry tears of pride, for the smart, loving, beautiful 
young lady you are today .

15 years ago I would sit by your side and just watch you sleep with such love, 
and I would think " Wow look at my miracle, my  little girl". I would sit and just watch you sleep.

Today I still sit and watch you, and think " She's my miracle " I hug you and hold you in my arms
When you're happy, feeling sad, or scared, or insecure. I'm still there to hold you in my arms.
I hope I'm always there for you, and if you are sad I can make you smile. If you are scared, 
I can make you feel safe. If you're insecure I can give you the confidence that you need.

15 years ago I looked to you to becoming a better person, but not for me, but for you.
So I could be a better Mom to you 

Today you ask " Mom can I go to the mall with my friends, Please " and I say yes, be safe 
and always Have Fun. 
But I'm terrified of losing my little girl, that you will no longer need me .

15 years ago I would hold you in my arms and smile at you, and think to myself 
"I'm so lucky, look at my little angel" I would feel pain in my chest 
So much Love and Pride that you are mine.

Today I thank you for wanting to be near me, that you will still hug me in front of your friends,
tell me "mom I love you " and I can say it back. That you need my hugs and kisses 
that you still need me at night and day to say "I love you".

15 Years ago I held you in my womb protected you by taking care of myself. I loved you
and told you everyday, I will sing to you , read to you. We will dance together,
we did everything together, just you and me 

Today I still protect you by standing by you, to avoid the hurts that life will bring, 
your 1st Love, 1st break up, the pain caused by so called friends that aren't your friends. Is all part of life and I 
just wish your life to be happy, no sadness, no tears, no falls no hurts. All I can do is let you
know "I'm here with two great ears to listen to you, a mouth who will say "everything will be ok"
and not yell but advise. Arms to hold you and a heart that will hurt for you and my eyes to 
shed tears for you.

15 years ago, I dreamed of the life I would give you and what we will have, not material things
like a big house, clothes, toys, or anything else people place a value on. What I wanted us to have
was each other, trust, respect, friendship, love, a mother-daughter friendship.
Your happiness and smiles are worth more to me than all the money in the world. 
Remember money brings comforts, but Our Love brings us Happiness 

Today I thank God for the comforts and pleasures we have been blessed with, But I 
thank him more for the Happy, Smart, Loving, Beautiful young lady you have become,
today I thank you for being that little angel in heaven and choosing me to be your mom!

15 years ago, I became a mom, you my daughter. We have had our share of happy, sad, 
angry and trying times, but I wouldn't change any of it. Because through it all 
I'm very proud of the young lady you are today. 

Today I'm the woman and mother that I am because of you , I hope I make you proud
Thank you my beautiful angel for being my daughter 

Happy 15th Birthday 
Love you always Mom 




My Miracle, My little Angel


No comments:

Post a Comment