Sunday, September 5, 2010

New Life , New Style (My Life)

                                        New life , new style , new lifestyle ....


  My new lifestyle started a few months ago when one day trying on a pair of jeans I couldn't zip them up. I was very close to tears. During the time since I moved to TX and really not doing much when the girls where in school I started to gain weight a little bit at a time. After a little bit of more than two years of being here I saw that I had gained almost 40 lbs and I was so shocked ! I couldn't believe it and was very depressed I was not happy with myself. I think we reach a point in our life's when we let ourselves go and really don't think about it. Well I was determined to make changes and loose the weight. I tried for almost two months without no results and I felt like I was starving myself.  Talking to my PIC (Partner in Crime) she was also doing something about her weight, but had seen a Dr. about it. So I took his information down and about 1 month later I was there. Well its been hard and a struggle especially for my family but they have stood by me and well we are now a healthier family.We have cut down on the snacks we bought and started to watch the calorie intake and proportions of food we were serving ourselves. Mike has lost 40 lbs and I'm very proud of him (by the way he has done it without the help of my Dr.). Its been hard on the girls but they have been really good and they too have dropped a few pounds and can see the changes in their bodies and it makes them feel good. The girls are exercising and watching what junk food they eat not an easy task when you are a teenager. I have to say that working out with the girls feels good and I spend time with my girls and I'm glad that they are taking care of our bodies together and are doing this as a family.
 It feels extremely good to look in the mirror and see someone I like. Well I figured since we have a new way of life style how about a new style for me ... So yesterday we all had appointments for new cuts and I decided to do something that well even shocked the girls and Mike and I have to say even myself.
 Yup as you can see I chopped my hair off, and I love it . Mike and the girls were so shocked he didn't say anything just look and say that's short ! He loved my long hair but with my hands for those who don't know (I have carpal tunnel) its too much to deal. I have to say that I feel good but will continue to take care of myself and I hope for those out there who want to change, all I can say is "Go For it " You can do it, I won't lie and say its easy but when you reach a goal and start to see the changes all I can say is "I did it and every time I smiled " and it motivated me to keep going. I hope you are all having a great labor day weekend. To our health and our families...

I love my new haircut ! 
Thanks to Blanca for doing a beautiful job on my photo's 



You know the saying if you look good you feel good, 
I can say I feel really good !!! :)






 

No comments:

Post a Comment